Saturday, July 16, 2011

Historic Route 66: Springfield, IL

Yesterday, I posted photos from the first stop -- Dwight, IL -- on my Illinois Route 66 sightseeing trip from earlier this week. After Dwight, I sped down to Springfield for a business meeting, but spent some time afterward touring some of the historic landmarks in the state capital.

I certainly didn't scratch the surface of all the sites, but visited some of the sites I hadn't been to since I was a kid. I didn't visit the popular Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, because I've been there numerous times before and was on a time crunch to work my way back home up scenic Route 66.

Enjoy the photos! I continue to post a new photo set each day. You can click on any of the photos on the following slideshow to view more detail and a description of each:

No comments:

Post a Comment